Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fluency Passages meet Common Core

Today I introduced my Fluency Passages to my students for the first time.  I do one of these every day after lunch and recess as a transition into our afternoon.  You can read more about them here.  I have used these for the past year and a half and have had tons of success with them.  Since we are using Common Core this year, I decided it would be a smart move to include all of the Common Core Standards that are being addressed while using these passages.  I have updated my September passages to include the Common Core Standards.
 
Each passage now has the standards listed at the top of the page.

 
This will really be useful during lesson planning.  (We have to include the standards in our lesson plans.) If you have already purchased this packet, you can go back and redownload it for free.
I will continue to update the rest of my passages and I hope to have my entire Fall Packet (which includes September, October, and November) updated soon.
For now, you can check out my September passages by clicking below.

 
 


4 comments:

Loving it in first said...

I absolutely love these passages. They were one of my centers most of the year last year. Thanks for including the standards now, that will be so helpful in planning and making sure that each is getting hit.

Mrs. Oyler said...

Fantastic resource!!! I love your math & language arts assessments! We are using them for our formative assessments - - - this resource will do the same for our fluency standards!!!! Heading to TPT now!!! ;)

Jenn O.
Seriously Primary

Mrs. Griffith said...

I am SO thankful that I was a winner of your giveaway last year. The packets I didn't win, I went back to your store and bought because they were such a hit! I LOVE them to pieces : )

Lindsay
For the Love of First Grade

siatkowka4pc said...

My kids are loving the poem! thanks!

Post a Comment

I {heart} comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...